Our School Vision
We aim to provide a safe, happy and inspiring environment in which our children can become:
- Confident individuals, who can positively face the successes and challenges of life
- Successful learners, who can take their place in a constantly evolving world
- Responsible citizens, who are able to make a positive contribution to today’s diverse society
- Appreciative of other people’s uniqueness and talents, and recognised and celebrated for their own
- We aim to ensure positive Christian and life values are seen in action
We are very proud of our status as a Church School. As a community the governors, staff, pupils and parents share core values which are rooted in Christian principles; they inspire us and permeate our life and work together:
RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY
TRUTHFULNESS and FRIENDSHIP
CreativITY and COMPASSION
These guide our behaviour and our thinking; we believe that it is important for children to see values in action in order to develop their emotional intelligence and their own set of positive social, moral and spiritual values. Each half-term the whole school community will focus on one of these values which will be introduced in collective worship, reinforced and celebrated in all areas of our school life, by adults and pupils alike. A values-based vocabulary is common to every school class.
We represent our core values on a symbolic tree to make it easier for us to relate to them and remember them. They are rooted in everything we do and will help the children to grow in strength and understanding whilst at the school.
Our values reflect our ethos:
- In the leadership and management of our school, its shared aims and mission statement.
- In staff example and their use of moral language
- In the subjects of the curriculum
- In collective worship
- In learning
- In teaching methods